Wikipedia Trail: From USA Baby Names to OU

 1. List of most popular given names by state in the United States

I saw a post about this on the class announcements and thought it was so cool to look through and just see popular names in different states. What I learned from this is that over the next few years, we will see a TAKEOVER of girls named Emma in Oklahoma. 

2. Oklahoma

From there, I went to the Oklahoma page because I have lived here my whole life and wanted to see what Wikipedia had to say about my state. Honestly our population is a little higher than I thought so that's cool.

3. Norman, Oklahoma

Well obviously this is my next stop on the trail, as it is our home city at the moment. I have lived in Norman for so long and knew the Norman seal, but had never seen the flag before and its pretty cool (shown below).

4. University of Oklahoma

If I'm being honest, I kind of challenged myself to end up here through a trail and I did. I had never seen the motto of OU before, so if you don't know it either you should look it up, kind of cool.

 File:Norman Flag CMYK.pdf

The Flag of Norman, Oklahoma via Wikipedia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 4 Story: Homer's Odyssey - Rewritten