Week 12 Story: Aesop's ~revised~ Fables

 The Wolf and the Shepard Boy

yeah so this guy had to watch sheep and texted his group chat yoooo guys tryna come help me some wolves are lurking

so the boys came running but called his cap and realized the wolves weren't there

days later he texted the boys and said the wolves were back but they didn't believe it so the wolf ate the sheep and the guy


The Man and the Goose

this dude had a goose that laid golden eggs and so he busted him open to find the gold inside but jus split his guts out instead


Socrates and his Friends

this guy had a DIY house kit but it was tiny so the guys were goofing at how broke he was

so he said yeah well I don't want you guys to come hang anyway


A boy who would not learn his book

this kid didn't want to do his homework so the teacher was like you are lazy but the kid was like nah I'm just smarter than you


The Hungry Dogs

these dogs were tryna snack so they decided to slurp up the whole lake to get the food inside but their stomachs burst


The Old Dog and the Huntsman

this poacher and his dog had been raking in the furs for years

the dog tried to snatch a wild animal but his teeth shattered

the poacher was like dang we are old

The boy who cried wolf, via fables

Authors Notes: 

All these fables were written in old English and pretty formal, so I decided to do the exact opposite. I rewrote some of the stories from Aesop's Fables, but instead made them as informal as possible. The characters and plots are the same, but told in a totally different way.

Aesop's Fables, via http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/aesops-fables-people.html

Comments

  1. Hi Clay, I thought these stories in shortened form and in informal English were hilarious and I laughed out loud multiple times. The lack of punctuation was the icing on the cake. It was really creative to try to rewrite something in the exact opposite style it was originally written in. I also like the shortened format—even just one sentence can tell the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clay,

    I definitely was left laughing after reading your stories. Your word choice modernized the stories for sure. I think I have heard some people at school that talk in a similar manner, so it is relatable haha. My favorite story was the one with the wolves and the shepherd boy. I love how you said that the boys "called his cap." Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator