Microfiction: Whatever Pops in my Head

 Drabble:

The cow jumped over the moon.

But he tripped.

His toe got caught on a crater.

He floated through space.

There were no other cows.

Just aliens in their spacecrafts. 

He felt lonely.

But yet so at peace. 

Why did he try to jump over the moon? 

Why was the cow in space?

He drifted further.

He crashed onto Mars.

He walked around Mars.

He met space cows. 

He was no loner lonely. 

The space cows became his family. 

The cow smiled.

He was so happy he tried to jump over the moon.

Don't worry, cows can breathe in space. 


Six-Word Stories:

Oh, to be a kid again.

The Cow Jumped Over the Moon, via link

Authors Notes:

I have no idea why, but the old nursery rhyme The Cow Jumped Over the Moon was literally the only thing I could think about when trying to make a story. Since that was where my brain was taking me, this is a short choppy drabble that is an alternate take on that rhyme. It made me feel like a kid again, and I expressed that through the six-word story.  

Comments

  1. Hi, Clay. Writing whatever comes to mind for these micro stories. It's also efficient to read and comment to. Now that we're at the end of the semester, I'll probably want to start writing more stories like these. I have a feeling of overarching sadness right now, so maybe I'll incorporate that emotion into my story. A cow jumping over a moon, for some reason, makes me a little sad right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Clay! Good micro fiction. I like how you went with a nursery rhyme and gave it your own twist. It's loads more entertaining than the original in my opinion. I also admire how you were able to do a six word story, as well. I am wanting to try out doing six word stories but it seems hard. I always have trouble with the word limits on things by writing too much. But I like how you were able to connect your six word story to your micro fiction. The whole post has the childhood reminiscing feel to it. Also, good job on the picture! It really fits well. Last, but not least, good job on your author's note. It was concise and to the point and gave context on where your mind was when you wrote the post. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator