Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 The quality of my feedback has been great and better than what I expected. Truthfully, when I first learned we were going to get feedback from others I went into it with a prideful mindset, thinking that this was my work so I would know it way better than anyone else. However, no one is telling me my work is bad or bossing me around, they are just giving me small pieces of advise that I am grateful for and that has guided my work to become better.

In terms of my own feedback, I feel like I am a good encourager, but need to be more helpful in giving constructive criticism. Because I am reading posts by people I don't know, I feel less inclined to tell them how I think they could make their story or layout a little better, but instead only encourage them in the good. While I don't think this is a bad thing, I know the criticism has helped me so I want to help others from this point forward. 

I do feel connection more than I thought, as I find myself returning to peoples pages that I recognize and see people commenting on my works multiple times. 

Moving forward, I need to be a little more constructive with blog comments, but I want to keep my same encouraging aspects too because I know it is good to build people up and give them more confidence as they express themselves through their work. 

Image from Feedback Cats

I chose this image because like I said, at first I was prideful and did not think I needed feedback, but with time have learned and grown from the comments of my peers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator