Week 2 Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Noah and the Ark

Week 4: Homer's Odyssey 

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Sinbad

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: The Monkey King

Week 9: Brer Rabbit

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Mississippi/Great Lakes

Week 11:Hero Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Aesop's Fables

Week 13: Beowulf

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Inferno

Week 15: Czech


I decided to start off the first 2 weeks with 2 stories I am very familiar with. I wanted to use these stories as a way to ease into these assignments, getting my grounding from stories I already know. However, this will also give me a chance to dive back into these stories and maybe pick up a new perspective. The picture below is of Sinbad the Sailor, which is a story I have brief memories of but couldn't tell you anything about it off the top of my head. I am excited for stories like that one and other stories I am familiar with the name of such as Beowulf and Brer Rabbit. 


Picture of Sinbad the Sailor via Wikipedia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator