Topic Research: Sea Monsters Week 3

 1. The Oklahoma Octopus

Professor Gibbs threw this story my way as an idea for sea monsters, and it totally unlocked a memory I forgot I had. From seeing this article, I remember a long time ago I watched a show on Netflix called "Lost Tapes". One of those tapes, was about the legend of the Oklahoma Octopus in Lake Thunderbird. This intrigued me as I have always loved stories about the ocean and creatures in it, plus it took place in Oklahoma and claimed to be true. If I were to make a story based off this legend, I could go back and watch that Netflix episode for reference and use my prior knowledge of Oklahoma and lakes to creatively make a story.

2. The Devil Whale

This is a monster I had not heard of, but it is very interesting. The legend goes on to say this whale is as big as an island, and is able to swallow ships whole. If I were to use this as my story, I could maybe to add elements of Moby Dick into the story, making them the "Twin Tower"monsters of the sea. While the story might be different or could lead to a totally different ending, incorporating Moby Dick would be fun because I could add my own creative twist to a household classic.

3. Sea Monsters and Pirates

This is an idea that I think I could probably have the most fun writing. Growing up, the Pirates of the Caribbean movies were always some of my favorites. This link leads to many sea monsters that are mentioned in tales of pirates. With that, I could construct a lost story of the Pirates of the Caribbean, getting to use characters I am very familiar with and love, such as Captain Jack Sparrow, but with my own creativity. 

The Norwegian Sea Serpent, via Viralnova


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator