Topic Brainstorm

 

A Sea Monster, via Medium

Topic 1: Sea Monsters

    This would be a very interesting topic for me because I feel like it is so open-ended. I have always loved stories that might be a little eerie, and it doesn't get much better than unknown monsters. With sea monsters being masked by the water, they are often not as easy to picture as one could picture Bigfoot or Frankenstein. This leaves so much room for creativity when it comes to the monsters themselves, whether I told a twist on Moby Dick, or an unknown story of the Pirates of the Caribbean. 

Topic 2: The Lovers of Zeus

    I wrote about this one initially when we first started exploring storybooks, and I had to revisit it. A story in this format would be so fun to write about, as my love for greek mythology goes back to my elementary days. However, the twist from this story is what makes it so appealing. The intense personification of the gods would be a topic I feel like I could run with. Since greek gods are something most people have a surface level knowledge of, I feel like I could really capture the reader if I dove into the topic and made it something more modernly relatable. 

Topic 3: The Thief and the Dog

    I really enjoyed the last assignment we had where I got to re-write a fable with a more modern twist. This story really caught my attention, because like the last story I wrote, it involved both humans and animals with like-minded intelligence. This form of writing would allow me to take the story in any direction, using characters of any form I please. I also think it would be fun to write with a true antagonist and protagonist, and be able to use a moral in the story.

Topic 4: The Bad Guys of the Bible

    Do to my upbringing, I have a pretty extensive knowledge of the Bible, both old and new testaments. Being able to write a story that I already know so well, but from a different perspective, like a bystander or a background character, would allow for both creativity and personal growth. While my other three ideas were leaning more towards modernizing a old story, if I was to choose this path I would keep it classical but just from a new perspective. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator