Feedback Thoughts

 

Negative Feedback, via Glia

Conflict, specifically in the workplace, is something I dread more than almost anything. While I know the people who are above me care both about me and the office, when negative feedback is given to me I feel like I am being directly attacked and have let everyone down. However, this article showed me that I need to train my mind to crave these experiences. As I said, I know these people care about me and also give me positive feedback, so why am I so hung up on the few times I get corrected? If I know I have good intentions with my work, and that they are also working in good faith and trying to correct the mistake for next time, I should take that C graded performance, and turn it into an A graded performance for improvement.

The picture used above is from this article I found while browsing the internet. It gave me a different but also helpful perspective on negative feedback. This article dives into how negative feedback is a good thing, because it allows for so much growth. Without this kind of feedback, the same mistakes can be made, this gives a chance to learn and improve on those mistakes. Hearing and giving negative feedback also builds relationships and deepens relationships, because while it may feel like you are being attacked for a second, the one giving the feedback cares enough about the success of the other to give the feedback. I will totally take this mindset back into the workplace and any other realm needed when I give and receive feedback of any kind.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator