My Favorite Place.. Kanakuk K-Kountry

 Growing up, my parents would send me to summer camp in Branson, Missouri. Depending on the summer, we would either go to family camp as a group, I would go individually with kids my age, or both in the same summer! As a college student, I have gotten the chance to work at one of these camps for 3 straight summers, and I'm approaching my fourth in a row. That camp, is Kanakuk K-Kountry.

The entrance into Kanakuk K-Kountry in Branson, Missouri. (Picture pinned by Kanakuk on Pinterest)

Behind this gate is every elementary child's dream, a world of fun, games, and no school! I love this place because I get the chance to connect with other college counselors that are my age, while supervising and giving the same lasting memories that I got growing up as a camper to new kids. From water slides, to zip-lines, to taking boats out of the lake, this place has it all.
  One of the many water slides at the K-Kountry. (Picture from the K-Kountry blog)

I have spent days, weeks, and even months on this patch of land in Branson, Missouri... and I cannot wait to send my kids there one day to experience the same joy that this place brings me.


Comments

  1. Just seeing that waterslide made me want summer to come NOW, Clay! And of course it is coming... one of the great things about Spring semester is that even though it actually starts in winter, it leads us to summer eventually! Camps are such great occasions for storytelling too; maybe you will get into urban legends and other campfire-worthy stories as a project for this class so that you'll be ready for your next chance to be a camper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator