Storybook Favorites

Zeus, shown by Mythology Unleashed on YouTube

 The Lovers of Zeus

https://sites.google.com/bmchs.org/loversofzeus/home/introduction

I initially chose to look at this story because of my childhood fascination with greek mythology, which came from the knowledge and interest of my older brothers. When opening this story, my mind was already set on the classic image of Zeus as a giant up in the clouds with a lightning bolt in his hand, not a sly-looking human with a suit and sunglasses on. The personification of Zeus and this lovers as humans going to a cafe, not gods living above us is what captured me in this story. I guess that is what storytelling is all about, giving the reader a brand new perspective from the eyes of the writer. Because of this story, I might picture Zeus as more of a player than a god from now on. 

The Untold Stories of Spongebob

https://sites.google.com/view/sponge-stories/introduction

This title also peaked my interest because of my childhood (and maybe even current) love for spongebob. This form of storytelling was fun, because instead of watching the tv show as an outside party, the main character was talking to me in first person. It made me feel like I wasn't a disconnected observer, but that I was actually a member of Bikini Bottom. I feel like after reading his blog, spongebob would be a good friend of mine (if he was actually real...).

Once Upon a Museum

https://sites.google.com/view/once-upon-a-museum/introduction

I picked this story because I assumed it would be something like the movie, Night at the Museum. I was right, a museum that comes to life. However, it seems more eerie yet very inviting at the same time. The front cover picture on the home page looks out of a horror film, but the humanity of listening to the characters telling their story to me seems inviting. While clearly impossible, it would be an interesting place to visit if it was real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Eyeball Guy

Week 2 Story - Tricksters: The Burglar, The Security Guard, and the Curator